Washington state marriage license department

Obtaining a Marriage License

Waiting Period The 3-day waiting period begins the day you sign the marriage application and pay the marriage license fee. You may not get married during this waiting period. The marriage license is valid for 60 days following the 3-day waiting period. Requirements Both applicants must be 18 years of age or older and currently unmarried. The consent must be sworn to and signed before a notary public or deputy auditor.

Marriage licensing - King County

See RCW A qualifying officiant from any state may perform marriage ceremonies, but the ceremony must be performed in the State of Washington. Neither applicant may perform the ceremony. Washington State does not "license" persons who are authorized to perform marriages. In this sense, the word "license" is not an official governmental function of issuing a license or permission to perform marriages, but more a function of recognition by the religious affiliation.

It is the person within the religious affiliation who is recognized or granted the power consequently, "licensed" by the religious affiliation to officiate over wedding ceremonies.

  • people meet resident easy find show.
  • look up address for phone number.
  • Obtaining a Marriage License | Whatcom County, WA - Official Website!
  • Vital Statistics;

It is not uncommon for marriages to be officiated by individuals who obtained credentials via organizations, including on the internet. The Auditor's Office only issues marriage licenses. The Auditor's Office does not perform civil ceremonies similar to what is done in other states.

There are several options for finding a marriage officiant. You can "Google" marriage officiants in the Tri-Cities, Washington.

Going to WA to get a marriage license

Also, there is a small section of "Wedding Officiants" in the yellow pages or a section in the Tri-City Herald related to wedding services that generally lists officiants. You can also be married by a judge. The ceremony must occur in the State of Washington and be performed between 3 and 63 days of application.

Marriage License

The 3 day waiting period cannot be waived. The person performing the ceremony must be a judge, a retired judge, or an ordained minister or similar official of any religious organization. If the applicant s are 17 years old they must each be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to sign the marriage application granting consent. The parent must have the authority to consent to marriage.

  • jasper counyt il sex offenders list.
  • Marriage Licensing!
  • find phone numbers and address free!
  • search for people with this name john email address?
  • search for death in ga!

Legal guardians must provide an original or a certified copy of the legal guardianship documents. Miscellaneous : Witnesses or blood tests are not required to obtain a marriage license in the State of Washington. Certified Copies To obtain a certified copy of a marriage certificate by mail, you will need to send a check payable to the Spokane County Auditor along with the names of each party at the time of application and the date of the marriage.